What all can ACV do for your health?
- it is a natural laxative and it can improve digestion
- lowers blood sugar levels
- improves insulin sensitivity
- increases satiety and helps people to lose weight
- it can reduce belly fat
- lowers cholesterol
- lowers blood pressure and improves heart health
- its been said that it prevents and decreases the risk of getting cancer and slows down the growth of cancer cells.
So let’s talk about weight loss.Most people use ACV for weight loss, but they don’t know the rest of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar. Mainly because ACV has been used for weight loss for ages. There are several studies that have concluded using ACV for weight loss actually works. They also found it works even without dietary changes. However, I’d recommend a healthy diet and exercise to really see results. So if you’re reading this you’re probably asking yourself how does this work? Here it is, most people overeat because they don’t feel full (think of thanksgiving). ACV increases satiety (your feeling of fullness) and that’s very helpful for staying on track with your healthy diet. Especially at the beginning of your weight loss journey when you need a little bit of help to start and to stay on track. I personally like it for once you hit your goals and you need to maintain.
Now let’s talk about diabetes.When it comes to ACV and diabetes, there are a few things you should know. ACV is great for diabetes prevention. This part is near and dear to my heart because both sides of my family have heart disease. Clearly I’m not a doctor but if it can help prevent it and it runs in your family, why not? ACV has been shown to reduce blood sugar levels when one is fasting (not eating), which is incredibly beneficial for people who have difficulty regulating their own blood sugar levels, like those who have diabetes. (fun fact, I had gestational diabetes with BOTH babies. the doctors were SHOCKED and said it’s definitely genetic and thank goodness I maintain a fairly healthy lifestyle.) JUST FYI, this won’t replace medication. A healthy diet and exercise are always recommended for people with diabetes. ***If you have diabetes and take insulin or prescription drugs, you should talk to your doctor before drinking ACV.***
Here are a few nutrients in ACV:
- amino acids
- only 3 calories per tablespoon.
Let’s talk about digestion.ACV helps with digestion but specifically with;
- get rid of heartburn
- reduce bloating
- improve digestion overall (regulate the bowls)
Lets talk about your hair and skin.Aside from the health benefits of ACV, using apple cider vinegar can also improve skin appearance and hair health. Say what? do I have your attention now? Why ACV is great for skin and hair:
- treats and reduces the prevalence of acne
- treats and soothes sunburn
- has anti-aging properties
- improves hair health
- combats hair tangles
- reduces hair frizz
- seals the hair cuticles and help the hair to retain moisture
- treats dandruff (YES, I’ve used it for this!)
Ingredient number two- Turmeric.Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
Ingredient number 3- Cinnamon.Now let me start by saying not all cinnamon is created equal. Let me explain.
- Ceylon cinnamon: Also known as “true” cinnamon. (the OG)
- Cassia cinnamon: The more common variety today and what people generally refer to as “cinnamon.” (what you buy at the grocery story)
Ingredient number 4- Local Honey.Not too much to say about this one. But buying within your “county” is key. It helps with local allergies and honestly improves the taste. So let’s talk about how do I take this combination daily. I prefer in the morning. It is NOT necessary to do it in the morning but I prefer it first thing to get it out of the way. But today I forgot because I got up and got busy so I took it after dinner. Here is my recipe;
- 2-4oz of warm water (warm water is KEY, helps melt honey.)
- 2-4 tbsp of ACV (must use the kind with “the mother”)
- 1/2 tbsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (ceylon)
- 1 tsp of local honey